Friday, April 16, 2010

How To-->> Wine Freshness

Lol, I didn't know what to call this post but that's what I needed to know. If the box of wine that I was drinking was fresh. Well you know me, it's off to Google searching I go. I found that air oxidizes wine and makes it undrinkable after a day, maybe 2 for reds and barely overnight for whites. The object seems to be to vacuum out the air from your bottle using various methods from rubber clad stoppers, to vacuum machines; even throwing it in the freezer. But a boxed wine is different. the spout keeps air out allowing your wine to stay fresh for weeks.


And yes I said "box of wine". Last summer, while on my way to a summer concert in a park-like setting, I stopped into a wine shop and found a super-cute box of Pinot Grigio from Three Thieves vineyard in Calfornia; priced at a cool 10 bucks. The website states that the box is
easy-to-open, and resealable cap means your wine is always fresh.


So I'm gonna sit here, on this rainy Friday evening, and enjoy my week old box of wine **Muah**

0 Comments:

 

©2009 Charlotte's Webb | by TNB