Friday, April 4, 2008

We First-->> MLK; Never Forget...

He was murdered 40 years ago.
Here are some quotes taken from Quotationspage.com
Read, reflect, get it in you and let's all do better.
The first is my favorite....at this time in my life I am walking by faith alone. I am working on the second quote.
Red. D.

Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase.
Martin Luther King Jr.


Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
Martin Luther King Jr.


It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.

Martin Luther King Jr.


It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important.

Martin Luther King Jr.


Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

Martin Luther King Jr.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Martin Luther King Jr.


Now, I say to you today my friends, even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: - 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Speech at Civil Rights March on Washington, August 28, 1963


I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live.

Martin Luther King Jr.


...And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land. So I'm happy tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man.

Martin Luther King Jr.
Speech in Memphis, April 3, 1968, the day before King was assassinated

1 Comments:

LadyWritesTheBlues said...

Love it!

Is it okay for me to add you to my blogroll, I really like this blog!

 

©2009 Charlotte's Webb | by TNB