Friday, October 17, 2008

Take 5-->> Bath Salts












I lead a busy life. Like, for real. And sometimes the only time I have to myself, especially now that I have relocated to NYC, is when I bathe myself. For this reason, and because I love to stay balanced, I love to end my days with a nice, steamy bath. Having the luxury of a bathtub is quit divine so I try to keep it luxurious with the bubbles, and scented oils and bath salts to soften the water and detox my mind, body & spirit. A great low cost way to achieve this is with Epsom Salts. Now, you can just add the salts for your sore muscles. But if you want to get all fancy here are a few quick receipes for you try. Can the church say "Om";-)

Taken from EHow.com:
The first thing you will want to do is find your self a pretty bottle with a lid or a cork, then go to your local drug store get a bag of epson salt. and your favorite oil such as mulberry,etc. or you can even use favorite perfume. pour your bottle full of the salt to get your perfect measurement, then in a mixing blow pour your salt from your bottle and using a eye dropper add 3 or 4 drops of you desired scent into the salt, mix well and re-fill your bottle. Then place the lid back on. The next time you take a bath use about 6 tbl. to a full tub of warm water sit back and relax, until all is dissolved
.

And DivaVillage.com :
EPSOM SALT SCRUB #3:
GET SOFT AND SMOOTH FEET

We all notice how smooth and soft our feet feel after a day at the beach. That's because of the combination of the exfoliating powers of sand and salt water. To get this feeling at home without walking on hot sand, simply soak your soles in a foot bath of Epsom salt. Add one cup of Epsom Salt to a tub of warm water. Soak for ten minutes. Then, mix two cups of Epsom Salt with 1/4 cup of petroleum jelly and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. Use the mixture to gently scrub the entire foot, concentrating on the heels and ankles to remove any dry, rough spots.

0 Comments:

 

©2009 Charlotte's Webb | by TNB